Friday, February 6, 2009

Our Baby Shower in Brunswick

Last weekend, Neil and I went to Brunswick. My sister, sisters-in-law, and mom threw Neil and I a shower at my mom's house. Neil spent quality time with my brother and our nieces and nephew, while us girls enjoyed the shower. He wanted to come, but he got voted out! I was very hesitant about having a shower back home because I left home almost five years ago for school. I have many special women that I will always look up to and that I share stories of often from home. I am blessed to have many "adopted" grandparents from church that I can't wait to bring Addison to meet. Brunswick will always be special to me because of the friends and memories that I have. Neil, Addison, and I were all spoiled with so many gifts! I enjoyed getting to see everyone again! Addison will make her first trip to Brunswick hopefully in April!


This is my sister, Melisa and I. Everyone always tells us that we look alike, but I never thought we did. However, after looking at this picture, I realized we look A LOT alike! She has been bombarded with all my pregnancy/baby questions, emotions, and excitement throughout the last almost nine months. She has helped me so much by just listening. I wish we lived closer, especially so we could enjoy each other's children more. Thanks, Sis. I love you!




This is my Aunt Jayne and my Mom (sisters). They look alike too. It has always been funny to my sister and I that we look more like my aunt than our mom and our cousin looks more like my mom than her mom.



Here is all the girls! We are not picture people. You can take pictures of the kids all day long, but we would be happy to stay out of the way of the camera! Thanks for humoring me and letting me get a picture! We love you and can't thank you enough for everything! We are ready for you all to meet your new granddaughter and niece!!!



2 comments:

gigi said...

Sorry I had to miss your shower. I'll catch up with you soon with a gift. Love ya.

Neil and Kimberly said...

Karen and Mom told me where you were at. Sorry for your loss. I can't wait to see ya! Love ya too!