Thursday, February 19, 2009

2 weeks and 5 days

2 weeks and 5 days, that's what the doctor said. I had another appointment today and was praying that something or anything was happening to give me encouragement that our little girl is coming soon. I was nervous because everyone keeps asking me about contractions. I've had a little pressure, but nothing to let me know that she's coming. The doctor reassured me that I was thinning out (sorry if that is too much information) and that most first time moms are a week early or a week late. He must have seen my disappointment because he said, "Let's look on the bright side, you only have 2 weeks and 5 days until your due date". I've been looking at it all wrong saying I'm this many weeks now, not how many weeks and days I have left. So, now I'm counting down, not up! He said let's try another week of you working and I bet she'll be here before you know it! I have two baby showers this next week, so at least I'll get to go to my showers! It has been harder just within the last week because I know she is healthy and it's fine for her to come. It's all the aches, heartburn, lack of sleep (due to bathroom runs, midnight snacks, and not enough pillows in the world to make me comfy), and lack of energy that gets me down. I asked Neil the other night if there was a time before I was pregnant when I didn't have a complaint about something hurting. He said yes, but Addison will be worth all of it! So, my new advice for myself...count down, not up!

3 comments:

gigi said...

Good luck with it all!

Celeste said...

We're praying that she'll come at a time that works out perfectly with your maternity leave. I know it can be stressful when you're worried about employment and benefits and all you want is for the world to stop so that you can snuggle and love on your angel baby. It's really the sweetest, most wonderful time to be tucked in with your brand new baby and just let the world pass by. Sure you don't sleep as much as you want and you suddenly become more concerned with another person's pee and poop than you ever thought possible, but it is so much fun. We're praying for you guys (all three of you!) :)

Mary Mitchell said...

I have a baby gift downstairs to get in the mail. Sounds like you've had PLENTY of showers to stock you with baby stuff - so I'll include the gift receipt =). If Mary wakes up from her nap in time, I'll run it to the post office today.