Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Sneak Peek

These are just a few shots from all of our Christmas adventures! We had a blast together! This was the first year that Addison could really understand a little about Christmas, Santa, Jesus' birthday, etc. We started the holidays off with our downtown Statesboro Christmas celebration, which was also her first visit to see Santa this year. She loved him! She walked right up and sat on his lap, then we saw him three more times throughout December and every time she loved him and asked to see him. She learned several Christmas songs at school and has been singing them at the top of her lungs since. She knows Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. They are all in her own words (versions), but how I love to hear them! She even sings them aloud in the grocery cart at Walmart to anyone who will listen or just to hear herself...did I mention, I have a little singer on my hands...apparently it runs in the Wilkerson family. Now, how do I get her to stop the Christmas songs??? I'm at a loss on that one!

She had Polar Express Day at school and got to wear her pajamas to school! Only after a huge fit because according to Addison "You can't wear pajamas to school mommy". Then after I convinced her it was okay, she didn't want to wear the adorable Christmas gown, but her Santa monkey pajamas. When did my child become opinionated about her clothing? Also, she only wants to wear pink dresses to church!

I had a wonderful Christmas time with my kids at school. I love their excitement and anticipation of the big day!

We had a few Christmas parties here and there and enjoyed getting to spend time with our friends. Then we took off for a week journey to visit both of our families. Addison decided the best thing about visiting family is COUSINS! She can't get enough of play time with her cousins and I love that she loves them so much. She asks for them individually by name at different times or tells me something funny that one of them did now that we are back home! She also loves her grandparents and enjoyed being spoiled to pieces by them.

Her big gift from Santa this year was a doll house. I love to watch her sit her dolls in the house and little van and watch her imagination. She can make up some scenarios...except they sound very familiar to what our life is like sometimes!

We also tried to teach Addison about the true meaning of Christmas this year! We let her play with our nativity set this year (even though it is breakable). She didn't break any pieces and loved baby Jesus and handled Him with extra care. Everywhere he went, Mary wasn't far behind because that's His mommy Addison would say! We got a fisher price set after Christmas on sale and I opened it for her to play with and you should see all the places they go. Addison really likes for them to ride in her doll house van! Maybe we'll work on keeping them in the manger next year!







I even threw in a prego picture for everyone! I was 30 weeks (7 1/2 months pregnant)! We are starting the countdown around here for baby Eli. I can't wait for next Christmas to celebrate with both of them. I tried to picture what next Christmas will be like with two, but just couldn't picture it yet!

Hope everyone else had a FABULOUS Christmas!!!

No comments: